SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - It's a growing problem in our area -- the drug "gravel" is popping up more and more.
We've learned about two busts in two counties in just the past few days.
Early Tuesday morning, the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office got a tip about large quantities of gravel being delivered to a home.
After deputies saw a vehicle pull into the home, they tried stopping the car, but the sheriff's office says the driver and passenger took off.
Officers found and arrested Beverly Henson.
When they searched her hotel room, they say they found the dangerous drug. "At that point, they found a large quantity of drug paraphernalia as well as gravel," says Leslie Earhart with the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.
Another woman in the hotel room, Melissa Williams, was also arrested.
In Washington County, Tennessee, deputies made a gravel bust on Sunday.
They seized a 2-ounce bag of gravel and made an arrest.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway