SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - It's a growing problem in our area -- the drug "gravel" is popping up more and more.
We've learned about two busts in two counties in just the past few days.
Early Tuesday morning, the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office got a tip about large quantities of gravel being delivered to a home.
After deputies saw a vehicle pull into the home, they tried stopping the car, but the sheriff's office says the driver and passenger took off.
Officers found and arrested Beverly Henson.
When they searched her hotel room, they say they found the dangerous drug. "At that point, they found a large quantity of drug paraphernalia as well as gravel," says Leslie Earhart with the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.
Another woman in the hotel room, Melissa Williams, was also arrested.
In Washington County, Tennessee, deputies made a gravel bust on Sunday.
They seized a 2-ounce bag of gravel and made an arrest.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Battle at Bristol 2? Speedway Motorsports won't rule it out
- Updated Virginia settles with Hyundai/Kia in multi-state suit
- Updated King University to suspend admissions to nursing program, close Nashville-area campus