BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A former Sullivan County Highway Commissioner will not face criminal charges regarding irregularities within the highway department.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation looked into Terry Shaffer. The TBI says the focus of that investigation was on sexual allegations and the alleged misappropriation of county funds.
A grand jury decided there was not enough evidence to proceed with criminal charges.
Shaffer retired in December amid the investigation.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire