BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A former Sullivan County Highway Commissioner will not face criminal charges regarding irregularities within the highway department.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation looked into Terry Shaffer. The TBI says the focus of that investigation was on sexual allegations and the alleged misappropriation of county funds.
A grand jury decided there was not enough evidence to proceed with criminal charges.
Shaffer retired in December amid the investigation.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson