BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A former Sullivan County Highway Commissioner will not face criminal charges regarding irregularities within the highway department.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation looked into Terry Shaffer. The TBI says the focus of that investigation was on sexual allegations and the alleged misappropriation of county funds.
A grand jury decided there was not enough evidence to proceed with criminal charges.
Shaffer retired in December amid the investigation.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire