BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - Governor Bill Haslam visited Blountville Thursday to sign the Tennessee Promise at Sullivan Central High School.
The Tennessee Promise provides free tuition and fees for two years at a community college of college of applied technology to graduating seniors.
To qualify, students must finish high school, work with a mentor, complete eight hours of community service, and maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
After completing the program students can transfer credits to a four-year college.
Excess lottery reserve funds pay for the plan.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate