A former Tri-Cities priest will not receive a new trial.
Tuesday morning the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals in Knoxville upheld William Casey's conviction.
Casey was convicted by a Sullivan County jury in 2011 of criminal sexual misconduct and rape in a case that's more than 30 years old.
Casey's defense attorney argued the 2011 trial violated the statute of limitations and points to the fact that some witnesses who could have helped the defense were already deceased.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon