A former Tri-Cities priest will not receive a new trial.
Tuesday morning the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals in Knoxville upheld William Casey's conviction.
Casey was convicted by a Sullivan County jury in 2011 of criminal sexual misconduct and rape in a case that's more than 30 years old.
Casey's defense attorney argued the 2011 trial violated the statute of limitations and points to the fact that some witnesses who could have helped the defense were already deceased.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction