A former Tri-Cities priest will not receive a new trial.
Tuesday morning the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals in Knoxville upheld William Casey's conviction.
Casey was convicted by a Sullivan County jury in 2011 of criminal sexual misconduct and rape in a case that's more than 30 years old.
Casey's defense attorney argued the 2011 trial violated the statute of limitations and points to the fact that some witnesses who could have helped the defense were already deceased.
- Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School