SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A former pastor was denied judicial diversion and according to the Sullivan County Clerk's Office, his attorneys are appealing that decision.
Anthony Adinolfi pleaded guilty to soliciting aggravated statutory rape. Authorities say it involved an 16-year-old girl.
Judicial diversion would have meant Adinolfi avoided jail time and once he served his probation sentence, his charges would be erased.
Adinolfi was sentenced to nearly a year in jail. He's currently out on bond awaiting that appeal.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next