SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A former pastor was denied judicial diversion and according to the Sullivan County Clerk's Office, his attorneys are appealing that decision.
Anthony Adinolfi pleaded guilty to soliciting aggravated statutory rape. Authorities say it involved an 16-year-old girl.
Judicial diversion would have meant Adinolfi avoided jail time and once he served his probation sentence, his charges would be erased.
Adinolfi was sentenced to nearly a year in jail. He's currently out on bond awaiting that appeal.
- Updated Ex-coal CEO asks high court to his overturn his conviction
- New Ariana Grande returning to Manchester for benefit show
- New 44 hits found in DNA testing of Virginia's backlogged rape evidence
- KISS concert in Manchester canceled after terrorist attacks
- Tennessee governor signs NRA-backed metal detector gun bill