BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - Patrick Wilson will be returning to the position of Executive Director at Tri-Cities Regional Airport starting August 12, 2013. The recommendation of the search committee was approved by a unanimous vote at a called meeting of the Tri-Cities Airport Authority Board Thursday morning.
The Board had contracted with ADK Executive Search, a firm that specializes in placing airport executives, to conduct a nationwide search for a replacement. Although several qualified candidates were identified, the committee chose to approach Wilson about returning based on his experience with the airport and the community.
Wilson was the Airport's executive director for eight years prior to leaving in March to take the position of Deputy Airport Director of Operations at Raleigh-Durham International Airport in North Carolina.
"The Airport is an important part of the community, and I look forward to continuing to work together with the Tri-Cities Airport Authority and Airport staff to provide the region the best available facilities and services," said Wilson. "Our family knows the Tri-Cities region as a great place to live and work. I look forward to continuing to be a part of this community."
- Updated U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome