SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office released the following information about a former daycare worker charged with child abuse on Friday morning.
"On 5/14/14 the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office was contacted by the Department of Children's Services concerning an assault involving a small child.
The incident, which involved a local daycare employee, was captured by a surveillance camera.
Detective Tracy Haraz began investigating the case and presented the evidence to the Sullivan County Grand Jury on Wednesday. After viewing the video the Grand Jury moved to indict Angel Thacker on charges of Child Abuse.
Thacker was taken into custody Thursday afternoon and is being held in the Sullivan County Correctional Facility on a $20,000 bond.
No further information is available."
We spoke with the director at Country Kids Daycare in Blountville. She tells us Angel Thacker was immediately terminated after working for the daycare for two years.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport