Suspended David Crocket High School head football coach Gerald Sensabaugh is planning a run to be mayor of Sullivan County.
Sensabaugh has picked up the paperwork in Sullivan County to file to be placed on the ballot.
He told News 5's Mike Lucas, "I have to make a change somehow."
"Thank you for all the support," Sensabaugh later tweeted.
Sullivan County Election Commission has him listed online as having filed. However, his required paperwork has not yet been returned to the office.
The former NFL player was suspended from coaching in October.
Sensabaugh was placed on administrative leave after the David Crockett principal called the coach "unpredictable, unprofessional, accusatory and hostile" following a review. The former Dallas Cowboys player turned coach had been accused of using profanity in front of players and accusing Athletic Director Josh Kite of using illegal drugs, among other allegations contained in documents provided to News 5.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder