BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A fire destroyed a building in Blountville. It happened just before 7:00 Friday night at TICC Inc. off of Highway 126.
The building had three large vats that melt wax. Fire crews tell us one of the heaters in the vats became loose, spilling wax, and catching fire.
The Avoca Fire Department tells us the fire was contained to the one building and says fires like this one aren't uncommon.
"We've actually had a fire the same type of fire a few years back. It's pretty common and they had the same type building," said Avoca Fire Chief David Taylor. "It's a small metal building but I would say the building is a total loss."
No one was in the building at the time of the fire. Sullivan County and Bluff City Fire Departments helped get the fire under control.
- Updated ETSU student charged with intimidation for gorilla mask act at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Fire at old General Mills building now suspected as arson
- Updated Bays Mountain Dam turns 100 this year
- Updated Doctors more careful when prescribing antibiotics