BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A fire destroyed a building in Blountville. It happened just before 7:00 Friday night at TICC Inc. off of Highway 126.
The building had three large vats that melt wax. Fire crews tell us one of the heaters in the vats became loose, spilling wax, and catching fire.
The Avoca Fire Department tells us the fire was contained to the one building and says fires like this one aren't uncommon.
"We've actually had a fire the same type of fire a few years back. It's pretty common and they had the same type building," said Avoca Fire Chief David Taylor. "It's a small metal building but I would say the building is a total loss."
No one was in the building at the time of the fire. Sullivan County and Bluff City Fire Departments helped get the fire under control.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim