Sullivan County authorities are investigating the death of a female inmate.
Public information officer Leslie Earhart tells us they received a call just before 5 a.m. on Friday that the woman had stopped breathing. She tells us the staff immediately started CPR.
She was later pronounced dead at the hospital.
Shortly after, authorities say a second inmate was taken to the hospital with chest pains. They say she will return to jail upon her release.
Officials believe both may have potentially overdosed.
The body of the inmate that died was sent for an autopsy.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway