Eastman Chemical Company released a statement saying they are making progress towards restarting operations at their plant in Kingsport, Tennessee.
The company says no one was hurt, that the drinking water is safe, and all safety and environmental systems are stable.
As required by federal law, Eastman notified the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency and Emergency Planning Committee in Sullivan county.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect