Eastman Chemical Company released a statement saying they are making progress towards restarting operations at their plant in Kingsport, Tennessee.
The company says no one was hurt, that the drinking water is safe, and all safety and environmental systems are stable.
As required by federal law, Eastman notified the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency and Emergency Planning Committee in Sullivan county.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire