Eastman Chemical Company released a statement saying they are making progress towards restarting operations at their plant in Kingsport, Tennessee.
The company says no one was hurt, that the drinking water is safe, and all safety and environmental systems are stable.
As required by federal law, Eastman notified the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency and Emergency Planning Committee in Sullivan county.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day