SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Polls are opening in Tennessee Wednesday morning for residents eager to cast a ballot.
Early voting runs from October 17 through November 1.
We learned in Sullivan County you can cast a ballot from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
Sullivan County Election Administrator Jason Booher told us they expect nearly 60,000 people to vote in the November 6 election.
We're told early voting adds convenience but also a lot of work.
"It's kind of a trade off. You stretch election day for about three weeks, so there's a lot of extra work that goes into opening the satellite locations we have," Booher said.
Virginia voters can only vote at the polls on November 6, however you can see if you're eligible for an absentee ballot. You can pick those up at your local registrar's office.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood