SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Emergency crews were called out Tuesday afternoon to a house fire in Sullivan County.
We learned it happened about 12:30 in the afternoon at a home along Webb Court off Old Jonesboro Road in Sullivan County.
Firefighters told us no one was hurt, but a couple of pets may have died in the fire.
Officials said when they arrived on scene heavy smoke was pouring out of the building. "We do have heavy damage in the house. The fire started on the basement, but it did proceed up into the main living area, so we do have overhaul to do in the structure," said Brian Gentry, fire chief of the East Sullivan County Volunteer Fire Department.
Gentry told us the cause of that fire is still under investigation.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone