Traffic is moving again on Interstate 26 following a backup that covered several miles.
Johnson City Fire Chief Mark Scott tells us about 75 gallons of diesel fuel spilled on I-26 westbound just before Exit 20 around 7:30 Monday morning.
A tractor trailer hit a steel railing, causing the leak. Traffic was backed up for about four miles just before 10 a.m.
Crews cleaned up the mess and were reopening the roadway as of 11 a.m.
- New Two pedestrians killed in Smyth County, VA
- Updated Three injured at Volusia Speedway Park when car crashes into stands
- State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City