Traffic is moving again on Interstate 26 following a backup that covered several miles.
Johnson City Fire Chief Mark Scott tells us about 75 gallons of diesel fuel spilled on I-26 westbound just before Exit 20 around 7:30 Monday morning.
A tractor trailer hit a steel railing, causing the leak. Traffic was backed up for about four miles just before 10 a.m.
Crews cleaned up the mess and were reopening the roadway as of 11 a.m.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin