Traffic is moving again on Interstate 26 following a backup that covered several miles.
Johnson City Fire Chief Mark Scott tells us about 75 gallons of diesel fuel spilled on I-26 westbound just before Exit 20 around 7:30 Monday morning.
A tractor trailer hit a steel railing, causing the leak. Traffic was backed up for about four miles just before 10 a.m.
Crews cleaned up the mess and were reopening the roadway as of 11 a.m.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated Drought causes high levels of sodium in Coeburn's drinking water
- Updated Attorney: Alabama mom delivered stillborn baby after snorting heroin
- Kingsport police searching for man accused in deputy-involved hit-and-run