SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - We have new information about a shooting Friday afternoon on New Summerville Road in Sullivan County involving a husband and wife.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson said Monday morning the shooting was the result of a domestic dispute. The sheriff's office says a married couple, 22-year-old Ricky Neely and 20-year-old Edith Neeley, both had gunshot wounds to the head.
We're told Edith was pronounced dead at the scene, and Ricky was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The sheriff says there was no record of domestic disputes between the couple, but he did say that Edith Neeley wanted out of their three-year marriage and Ricky did not.
According to Anderson, the couple had two children -- one two-year-old and a seven-month-old.
Sullivan County sheriff Wayne Anderson will hold a news conference Monday to discuss the details of the investigation.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone