SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - We have new information about a shooting Friday afternoon on New Summerville Road in Sullivan County involving a husband and wife.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson said Monday morning the shooting was the result of a domestic dispute. The sheriff's office says a married couple, 22-year-old Ricky Neely and 20-year-old Edith Neeley, both had gunshot wounds to the head.
We're told Edith was pronounced dead at the scene, and Ricky was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The sheriff says there was no record of domestic disputes between the couple, but he did say that Edith Neeley wanted out of their three-year marriage and Ricky did not.
According to Anderson, the couple had two children -- one two-year-old and a seven-month-old.
Sullivan County sheriff Wayne Anderson will hold a news conference Monday to discuss the details of the investigation.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport