SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - We have new information about a shooting Friday afternoon on New Summerville Road in Sullivan County involving a husband and wife.
Sheriff Wayne Anderson said Monday morning the shooting was the result of a domestic dispute. The sheriff's office says a married couple, 22-year-old Ricky Neely and 20-year-old Edith Neeley, both had gunshot wounds to the head.
We're told Edith was pronounced dead at the scene, and Ricky was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The sheriff says there was no record of domestic disputes between the couple, but he did say that Edith Neeley wanted out of their three-year marriage and Ricky did not.
According to Anderson, the couple had two children -- one two-year-old and a seven-month-old.
Sullivan County sheriff Wayne Anderson will hold a news conference Monday to discuss the details of the investigation.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria