SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Workers are trying to find a leak after a hole opened up on an area roadway.
The hole is the size of a car and it's on Boone Ridge Road outside of Kingsport.
Witnesses and the Sullivan County Highway Department say the hole opened up when a garbage truck was driving down the road.
The garbage truck driver was able to get out.
Crews blame a leak in a water main line and say it could take days to find the exact spot and fix it.
People who live in that area say it's lucky children were not involved.
"School bus went across it, several cars today. I went across it 3 or 4 times myself, and then the garbage truck with considerable weight went over it today and it caved in," said nearby resident Stacy Vaughan.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death