SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County is officially in a waiting game to see if the federal government will provide disaster assistance following last week's severe flooding.
We've learned a federal assessor finished his tour of Sullivan County and Kingsport flood damage Friday afternoon.
Sullivan County EMA Director, Jim Bean, told News 5 he is optimistic flood victims will be able to get low interest Small Business Administration disaster loans, but according to Bean, it could take another week or two to know if that the request is approved or denied.
News 5 WCYB will bring you more information as we learn it.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial