SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County is officially in a waiting game to see if the federal government will provide disaster assistance following last week's severe flooding.
We've learned a federal assessor finished his tour of Sullivan County and Kingsport flood damage Friday afternoon.
Sullivan County EMA Director, Jim Bean, told News 5 he is optimistic flood victims will be able to get low interest Small Business Administration disaster loans, but according to Bean, it could take another week or two to know if that the request is approved or denied.
News 5 WCYB will bring you more information as we learn it.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project