SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County is officially in a waiting game to see if the federal government will provide disaster assistance following last week's severe flooding.
We've learned a federal assessor finished his tour of Sullivan County and Kingsport flood damage Friday afternoon.
Sullivan County EMA Director, Jim Bean, told News 5 he is optimistic flood victims will be able to get low interest Small Business Administration disaster loans, but according to Bean, it could take another week or two to know if that the request is approved or denied.
News 5 WCYB will bring you more information as we learn it.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day