SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Sullivan County is officially in a waiting game to see if the federal government will provide disaster assistance following last week's severe flooding.
We've learned a federal assessor finished his tour of Sullivan County and Kingsport flood damage Friday afternoon.
Sullivan County EMA Director, Jim Bean, told News 5 he is optimistic flood victims will be able to get low interest Small Business Administration disaster loans, but according to Bean, it could take another week or two to know if that the request is approved or denied.
News 5 WCYB will bring you more information as we learn it.
- New Two with ties to Pulse nightclub shooting guests at State of the Union
- New UPDATE: Tennessee hiring Kansas State's Currie as Athletic Director
- New Report: Colon cancer rates rising in younger generations
- New Senate passes bill limiting Tennessee campaign investments
- New Coal miner dies at prep plant owned by WVa Governor