KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Shoppers have a chance to help raise money for homeless families.
The Twice Upon A Child Consignment Shop is having its annual sale through Saturday.
The cost to get in is $1 and all the proceeds from the door entry go to the Friends and Neighbors organization which helps homeless families in Kingsport.
The owner of the consignment shop, Shanna Tincher, said it's a win-win for the community and shoppers. "You can consign your stuff, earn some money, shop early, and buy things for one-third to one-fourth of the price you pay retail."
In the fall, the event raised more than $3,000 for Friends and Neighbors.
The event is open Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There will be a "Dollar Dash" on Saturday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. which donated items will be sold for $1 and 100% of those proceeds go to Friends and Neighbors.
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood