KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Shoppers have a chance to help raise money for homeless families.
The Twice Upon A Child Consignment Shop is having its annual sale through Saturday.
The cost to get in is $1 and all the proceeds from the door entry go to the Friends and Neighbors organization which helps homeless families in Kingsport.
The owner of the consignment shop, Shanna Tincher, said it's a win-win for the community and shoppers. "You can consign your stuff, earn some money, shop early, and buy things for one-third to one-fourth of the price you pay retail."
In the fall, the event raised more than $3,000 for Friends and Neighbors.
The event is open Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
There will be a "Dollar Dash" on Saturday from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. which donated items will be sold for $1 and 100% of those proceeds go to Friends and Neighbors.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane