Congressman Phil Roe met with voters Saturday in Kingsport.
The event in Kingsport was organized by Tri Cities Tea Partying.
In addition to Congressman Roe, State Representative Tony Shipley was also on hand.
We're told one of the goals of the event was to encourage people to get out and vote November 6th.
"It's not one political persuasion at all, these are just people that care about the country and really want to see a smaller, more efficient government." says Phil Roe.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event