SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Their story touched so many of our viewers -- nine-year-old Ashlee Vincente died Sunday afternoon after drowning in a Sullivan County pool.
Her parents didn't have the money for their daughter's funeral, until the community came forward to help cover the cost.
"I miss her, I miss her always," says her father Nicholas Vincente.
After our original story (click here to read), funeral homes around town offered their services for free, strangers donated to a fund, neighbors dropped off cash, and local businesses stepped up to pledge money to help the family.
We're told the funeral home where Ashlee's service will be held donated her casket and other services.
Close friends came forward and covered the remaining costs.
"Thank you to everybody," says Nicholas.
Ashlee will be laid to rest this weekend.
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire