SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A woman is facing charges after police officers say she neglected in caring for an elderly woman.
Kayla Watson, 25, was arrested on Tuesday after a report was made to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.
Upon investigating detectives found an elderly woman that needed to be treated for malnutrition, dehydration, and pneumonia.
Watson is charged with willful abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an adult. She has since been released on bond.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome