SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A woman is facing charges after police officers say she neglected in caring for an elderly woman.
Kayla Watson, 25, was arrested on Tuesday after a report was made to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.
Upon investigating detectives found an elderly woman that needed to be treated for malnutrition, dehydration, and pneumonia.
Watson is charged with willful abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an adult. She has since been released on bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next