BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The charges against a Tri-Cities bondsman have been dropped, as long as he does not operate a bonding company in Sullivan County.
A grand jury indicted Ralph Hawkins with Tri-City Bonding Company for hiring a bounty hunter that was a convicted felon.
He claimed he had nothing to do with the hiring of Joseph Horne.
In August 2012, Horne was shot and killed while searching for a fugitive. He tried to take a man into custody he thought was a fugitive, but had the wrong man.
The man who shot Horne cleared of any wrong-doing as well.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial