BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The charges against a Tri-Cities bondsman have been dropped, as long as he does not operate a bonding company in Sullivan County.
A grand jury indicted Ralph Hawkins with Tri-City Bonding Company for hiring a bounty hunter that was a convicted felon.
He claimed he had nothing to do with the hiring of Joseph Horne.
In August 2012, Horne was shot and killed while searching for a fugitive. He tried to take a man into custody he thought was a fugitive, but had the wrong man.
The man who shot Horne cleared of any wrong-doing as well.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting