BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - The charges against a Tri-Cities bondsman have been dropped, as long as he does not operate a bonding company in Sullivan County.
A grand jury indicted Ralph Hawkins with Tri-City Bonding Company for hiring a bounty hunter that was a convicted felon.
He claimed he had nothing to do with the hiring of Joseph Horne.
In August 2012, Horne was shot and killed while searching for a fugitive. He tried to take a man into custody he thought was a fugitive, but had the wrong man.
The man who shot Horne cleared of any wrong-doing as well.
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University