Bullying is a big problem in schools across the country. A camp in Sullivan County is targeting the problem by educating elementary school students.
Chief Deputy Lisa Christian of the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office says, "Bullying actually peaks in middle school, but it starts in elementary school. So if we can kind of teach these kids the skills first, then when they're going in to middle school it'll prepare them a little more."
The camp runs from July 15th to 17th at the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office Training Center. It is open to rising 3rd to 5th graders from Sullivan County, Bristol and Kingsport.
Spots are still available. Parents should call the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office at (423) 279-7500 if they are interested.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools