BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - A brush fire spread to a mobile home in Blountville on Thursday afternoon.
Sullivan County Fire Chief Eric Wilson tells us the fire started when the family was burning garbage, which isn't allowed.
The fire damaged one room of the mobile home, forcing the family there to find a new place to stay.
No charges have been filed.
Firefighters remind you to always get a permit before burning.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash