SULLIVAN COUNTY, TENN. - Boone Lake is 14 feet below the normal winter level due to the need for some maintenance on the dam.
The Tennessee Valley Authority says that cables and chains are due to be replaced on the intake gates that let water pour through the turbines as well as the spillway gates that are used in case of high water.
Repair crews have started the work and it is expected to be completed by mid-February. The lake will then be returned to its normal winter level.
Boone Lake is currently at a level of about 1,348 feet above sea level.
The TVA says now is also a good time for property owners that live near the lake, to do repairs.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals