SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A heating problem in is forcing a local high school to dismiss early.
Sullivan East High School maintenance crews thought they would be able to fix the heat because schools were on a delay, but the heat was not fixed in time.
Students were dismissed at 10:30 because they had to get buses back to the school.
The heat issue was caused by a problem with the control system of the boilers. Some pipes are still frozen.
We'll have more information on this story online and on News 5 WCYB.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport