SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A heating problem in is forcing a local high school to dismiss early.
Sullivan East High School maintenance crews thought they would be able to fix the heat because schools were on a delay, but the heat was not fixed in time.
Students were dismissed at 10:30 because they had to get buses back to the school.
The heat issue was caused by a problem with the control system of the boilers. Some pipes are still frozen.
We'll have more information on this story online and on News 5 WCYB.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend