SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Bluff City woman is facing charges after Johnson City Police say she embezzled money from the store where she worked.
Officers tell us they arrested Julia Wilson after she admitted to using Belk merchandise to make false returns.
We're told by JCPD she would place the return amounts onto gift cards. Police say according to Wilson's statement she embezzled more than $6,700.
She was charged with theft of property over $1,000.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy