SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Bluff City woman is facing charges after Johnson City Police say she embezzled money from the store where she worked.
Officers tell us they arrested Julia Wilson after she admitted to using Belk merchandise to make false returns.
We're told by JCPD she would place the return amounts onto gift cards. Police say according to Wilson's statement she embezzled more than $6,700.
She was charged with theft of property over $1,000.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend