BLUFF CITY, Tenn. - UPDATE 11:00 a.m.: The Bluff City police chief tells us they are now treating the case as a murder suicide.
The couple are identified as a husband and wife, Bobby and Dianne McDonald.
Police say they have not had problems at the home in the past.
A man and woman are dead.
Now police want to know what happened.
Bluff City Police tell News 5 they were called to this mobile home on Woodland Drive around 3:45 Friday afternoon for a welfare check.
Sergeant Brian Hubbard says the man and woman both had gunshot wounds, but it is not clear who pulled the trigger.
Officers have not named the man and woman.
They are still notifying relatives.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson