The old Bluff City hall hit the auction block in late March, but it will not go to the highest bidder.
Monday night, the Vice Mayor of Bluff City made a motion to let the highest bidder, Sherry Grubb, have the building.
However, none of the other three alderman would second his motion. Therefore, the motion died.
City officials tell us they aren't sure what they will do with the building. By the way, Grubb originally won the building by making a bid of $9,700.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator