SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Local animal shelters need your help.
At the Sullivan County, Bluff City, Kingsport Animal Control Center, supplies are low. The shelter is in desperate need of food and cleaning supplies.
Workers there tell us they've had a large number of animals come in this summer, especially cats, because it's kitten season.
That's why they're hoping the public will help and donate. "It would help a lot of animals in need. We're their temporary home while they're waiting for another home and any help we can get to help them is a great benefit," says Stephanie Surber, the shelter manager at the Blountville location.
You can go by any of their shelters to drop off donations.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon