SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Local animal shelters need your help.
At the Sullivan County, Bluff City, Kingsport Animal Control Center, supplies are low. The shelter is in desperate need of food and cleaning supplies.
Workers there tell us they've had a large number of animals come in this summer, especially cats, because it's kitten season.
That's why they're hoping the public will help and donate. "It would help a lot of animals in need. We're their temporary home while they're waiting for another home and any help we can get to help them is a great benefit," says Stephanie Surber, the shelter manager at the Blountville location.
You can go by any of their shelters to drop off donations.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend