SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - Two animal control officers who were charged with animal cruelty have been found not guilty.
Aaron West and Steve Ward are employed with the SBK Animal Shelter.
We were unable to meet up with President of the SBK Board Tom Parham, but he did give us this quote: "We are very pleased with the outcome and are not surprised. The two gentlemen were long-term employees and were always professional and caring with the animals. Now we're ready to get back to work."
Parham also says the organization plans to put the case behind them and is working to improve in the future to prevent this from happening again.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Updated Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake