BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - TRI Aviation Park I at Tri-Cities Regional Airport has been awarded the designation as a Select Tennessee Certified Site.
TRI Aviation Park I is the only Select Tennessee site in the Tri-Cities at this time.
The Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development launched the Select Tennessee program in June 2012 to showcase sites for investment and expansion.
"To be a Select Tennessee Site, the site has to have at least 20 developable acres, proper zoning, all utilities, truck quality road access and be able to show there are no environmental issues that would impact development," says Mark Canty, the Airport's Trade Development Specialist.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next