KINGSPORT, Tn. - Road crews in Kingsport have closed a section of Wabash Street near downtown after a storm water line failed.
Officials said Wabash Street, which connects Center Street to Catawba Street, will be closed until further notice. The broken storm water line has undermined the road bed, leading to unsafe driving conditions.
According to spokesman Tim Whaley, road crews will evaluate the situation over the coming days with the goal of reopening Wabash Street as soon as possible.
Whaley said road access will be limited to local traffic only while the road is closed.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend