KINGSPORT, Tn. - Road crews in Kingsport have closed a section of Wabash Street near downtown after a storm water line failed.
Officials said Wabash Street, which connects Center Street to Catawba Street, will be closed until further notice. The broken storm water line has undermined the road bed, leading to unsafe driving conditions.
According to spokesman Tim Whaley, road crews will evaluate the situation over the coming days with the goal of reopening Wabash Street as soon as possible.
Whaley said road access will be limited to local traffic only while the road is closed.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport