KINGSPORT, Tn. - Road crews in Kingsport have closed a section of Wabash Street near downtown after a storm water line failed.
Officials said Wabash Street, which connects Center Street to Catawba Street, will be closed until further notice. The broken storm water line has undermined the road bed, leading to unsafe driving conditions.
According to spokesman Tim Whaley, road crews will evaluate the situation over the coming days with the goal of reopening Wabash Street as soon as possible.
Whaley said road access will be limited to local traffic only while the road is closed.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day