KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Hundreds of people filled the Kingsport Town Center mall this morning, but it wasn't for shopping instead they were walking.
Saint Jude supporters in the Tri-Cities along with thousands of people in more than 75 cities across the country participated in the Saint Jude Give Thanks Walk.
Supporters walked to raise money for the Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis.
The hospital treats children who are battling cancer.
Just 3-years ago 13-year-old Cade Watson from Chilhowie was on those children and Saturday he and this raised more than $20,000 to back to the hospital.
"It feels good to do that, to help someone that is in need of their medicines that need to be bought give to the kids," said Cade Watson.
The year's Tri-Cities supporters raised more than $80,000 which was $20,000 more than last year.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect