PINEY FLATS, Tenn. - Law enforcement gathered Saturday for a chance to see who's the top cop in the Tri-Cities.
News 5 learned officers from Abingdon all the way to Unicoi County aimed and fired at targets in this year's Shootout Challenge at Shooter's Edge.
About 250 rounds were fired as officers showed their best marksmanship. "The scoring is based on how good the hit is in center mass. So the closer to the center of the target, the higher the point system. But this isn't just a target that sits still, these targets move, they face the shooter, they face away from the shooter," said Don Reimer, General Manager of Shooter's Edge.
This year's trophy and bragging rights goes to Captain Brian Rice with the Johnson City Police Department.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash