TENNESSEE - Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander is joining the growing ranks of lawmakers calling for the resignation of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
They say many of the problems with the health insurance website can be linked to her.
Senator Alexander says expecting Secretary Sebelius to fix the problems is unrealistic and says she should be fired, "In fact I joined several senators yesterday writing the president and asking him to do that. If she were in private business, she'd already be out of office."
Alexander went on to say the American people deserve accountability in the implementation of the new healthcare law.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson