TENNESSEE - Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander is joining the growing ranks of lawmakers calling for the resignation of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
They say many of the problems with the health insurance website can be linked to her.
Senator Alexander says expecting Secretary Sebelius to fix the problems is unrealistic and says she should be fired, "In fact I joined several senators yesterday writing the president and asking him to do that. If she were in private business, she'd already be out of office."
Alexander went on to say the American people deserve accountability in the implementation of the new healthcare law.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport