TENNESSEE - Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander is joining the growing ranks of lawmakers calling for the resignation of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
They say many of the problems with the health insurance website can be linked to her.
Senator Alexander says expecting Secretary Sebelius to fix the problems is unrealistic and says she should be fired, "In fact I joined several senators yesterday writing the president and asking him to do that. If she were in private business, she'd already be out of office."
Alexander went on to say the American people deserve accountability in the implementation of the new healthcare law.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project