TENNESSEE - Tennessee Senator Lamar Alexander is joining the growing ranks of lawmakers calling for the resignation of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
They say many of the problems with the health insurance website can be linked to her.
Senator Alexander says expecting Secretary Sebelius to fix the problems is unrealistic and says she should be fired, "In fact I joined several senators yesterday writing the president and asking him to do that. If she were in private business, she'd already be out of office."
Alexander went on to say the American people deserve accountability in the implementation of the new healthcare law.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities