Tuesday, September 24th is National Voters Registration Day across the country, including in the Volunteer State.
That's why Tennessee's secretary of state is working with county election officials to make eligible voters aware of registration deadlines and requirements.
The National Association of Secretaries of State says an estimated 10.6 percent of Americans of voting age are not registered. The association is now encouraging the use of social media to lower that figure.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction