Tuesday, September 24th is National Voters Registration Day across the country, including in the Volunteer State.
That's why Tennessee's secretary of state is working with county election officials to make eligible voters aware of registration deadlines and requirements.
The National Association of Secretaries of State says an estimated 10.6 percent of Americans of voting age are not registered. The association is now encouraging the use of social media to lower that figure.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death