The state of Tennessee is looking for a new judge in the Third District circuit court.
The vacancy follows the announcement by Judge Kindall T. Lawson that he will retire on May 31 of this year.
The Judicial Nominating Commission is taking applications to fill the post. The Third Judicial District covers Greene, Hawkins, Hancock and Hamblen counties. There is another opening in the same district in Chancery Court.
Requirements to be considered include being at least 30 years old, a resident of Tennessee for at least five years and you must have lived in the Third Judicial District for at least a year.
Applications will be taken from now until noon on Monday, March 11, 2013. If you are interested in applying, you can do so at this link.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests