The state of Tennessee is looking for a new judge in the Third District circuit court.
The vacancy follows the announcement by Judge Kindall T. Lawson that he will retire on May 31 of this year.
The Judicial Nominating Commission is taking applications to fill the post. The Third Judicial District covers Greene, Hawkins, Hancock and Hamblen counties. There is another opening in the same district in Chancery Court.
Requirements to be considered include being at least 30 years old, a resident of Tennessee for at least five years and you must have lived in the Third Judicial District for at least a year.
Applications will be taken from now until noon on Monday, March 11, 2013. If you are interested in applying, you can do so at this link.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project