BRISTOL, Tenn. - Runners took the place of race cars at the Bristol Motor Speedway Sunday night for the Subway Speedway in Lights 5K.
More than a thousands runners got started the race under the holiday lights and they crossed the finish line on the World's Fastest Half Mile.
Adults of all ages, kids, and our four-legged friends all participated in the annual 5K.
Anna Cooper was on the first people to cross the finish and she only been running for a year and half.
She tells News 5 she ran last year and she had to do it again this year. "It went really well. I love this race because of all of the lights it kind of distracts you from running. It's just pretty to look at with all the people, the music. It's an awesome atmosphere," said Anne Cooper.
Cooper also said she is glad to raise money by running for children her own age.
Proceeds from the race will benefit the Speedway Children's Charities.
- Johnson City Police cruisers damaged after hour-long car chase
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools