BRISTOL, Tenn. - Runners took the place of race cars at the Bristol Motor Speedway Sunday night for the Subway Speedway in Lights 5K.
More than a thousands runners got started the race under the holiday lights and they crossed the finish line on the World's Fastest Half Mile.
Adults of all ages, kids, and our four-legged friends all participated in the annual 5K.
Anna Cooper was on the first people to cross the finish and she only been running for a year and half.
She tells News 5 she ran last year and she had to do it again this year. "It went really well. I love this race because of all of the lights it kind of distracts you from running. It's just pretty to look at with all the people, the music. It's an awesome atmosphere," said Anne Cooper.
Cooper also said she is glad to raise money by running for children her own age.
Proceeds from the race will benefit the Speedway Children's Charities.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests