On Wednesday Rep. Phil Roe, M.D. (R-TN) released the following statement in response to the administration's gun control proposal:
"First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to those around the country that have been victims of the senseless acts of violence the president mentioned in his speech today. I will give the administration's proposal great thought and careful consideration, but our Second Amendment right is one of our most cherished freedoms and I will not support measures that infringe on our Constitutional right to bear arms."
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death