On Wednesday Rep. Phil Roe, M.D. (R-TN) released the following statement in response to the administration's gun control proposal:
"First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to those around the country that have been victims of the senseless acts of violence the president mentioned in his speech today. I will give the administration's proposal great thought and careful consideration, but our Second Amendment right is one of our most cherished freedoms and I will not support measures that infringe on our Constitutional right to bear arms."
- Updated Highway 421 to reopen Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Updated Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests
- Updated Report: Presidential Debate captures 80.9 million viewers
- Bluff City tagged with $25,000 fine from state for sewer violation
- Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court