On Wednesday Rep. Phil Roe, M.D. (R-TN) released the following statement in response to the administration's gun control proposal:
"First and foremost, my thoughts and prayers go out to those around the country that have been victims of the senseless acts of violence the president mentioned in his speech today. I will give the administration's proposal great thought and careful consideration, but our Second Amendment right is one of our most cherished freedoms and I will not support measures that infringe on our Constitutional right to bear arms."
- New Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Updated Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'
- Rime ice caps area mountain tops just days after record highs