JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local museum is on the right track and Saturday it celebrated a milestone.
People of all ages were taking tours and admiring exhibits in the George L. Carter Railroad Museum.
Saturday the museum celebrated its 5th anniversary and organizers say time has gone by quickly. "Well in the next five years our Tweetsie layout, which is our new layout, will be finished. Tweetsie anchored in Johnson City went to Cranberry, North Carolina originally and then finally connected with Boone for a few years," said director Fred Alsop
The museum, located at East Tennessee State University, is open on Saturdays and admission is free.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial