JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local museum is on the right track and Saturday it celebrated a milestone.
People of all ages were taking tours and admiring exhibits in the George L. Carter Railroad Museum.
Saturday the museum celebrated its 5th anniversary and organizers say time has gone by quickly. "Well in the next five years our Tweetsie layout, which is our new layout, will be finished. Tweetsie anchored in Johnson City went to Cranberry, North Carolina originally and then finally connected with Boone for a few years," said director Fred Alsop
The museum, located at East Tennessee State University, is open on Saturdays and admission is free.
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- Updated Youth leaders in Bristol learn about tolerance
- Updated Grand jury set to hear case of man accused of sexual assault