JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - A local museum is on the right track and Saturday it celebrated a milestone.
People of all ages were taking tours and admiring exhibits in the George L. Carter Railroad Museum.
Saturday the museum celebrated its 5th anniversary and organizers say time has gone by quickly. "Well in the next five years our Tweetsie layout, which is our new layout, will be finished. Tweetsie anchored in Johnson City went to Cranberry, North Carolina originally and then finally connected with Boone for a few years," said director Fred Alsop
The museum, located at East Tennessee State University, is open on Saturdays and admission is free.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin