Filling up at the pump was painful in February, but so far, it looks like gas prices are on a downward trend for March.
According to AAA, February's average of $3.65 a gallon was the highest in history for that month.
Last week, pump prices fell as economic news pushed oil prices lower.
This week's average in Bristol is $3.56, that's $.05 cheaper than last week.
In Johnson City, it's $3.58 a gallon.
In Kingsport, it's $3.51. That's a decrease of $.08 per gallon.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway