JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A longtime prosecutor is hoping to change roles in the courtroom.
Assistant District Attorney Dennis Brooks announced Thursday morning he is seeking the First Judicial District Criminal Court Judge seat currently held by Robert Cupp.
Judge Cupp is retiring at the end of his term in 2014. The office covers Washington, Carter, Johnson, and Unicoi counties.
Brooks has been a prosecutor for the past 15 years and is the current Jonesborough Municipal Judge.
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim
- Buchanan County Sheriff's Office investigates death of elderly man