JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A longtime prosecutor is hoping to change roles in the courtroom.
Assistant District Attorney Dennis Brooks announced Thursday morning he is seeking the First Judicial District Criminal Court Judge seat currently held by Robert Cupp.
Judge Cupp is retiring at the end of his term in 2014. The office covers Washington, Carter, Johnson, and Unicoi counties.
Brooks has been a prosecutor for the past 15 years and is the current Jonesborough Municipal Judge.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game