JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A longtime prosecutor is hoping to change roles in the courtroom.
Assistant District Attorney Dennis Brooks announced Thursday morning he is seeking the First Judicial District Criminal Court Judge seat currently held by Robert Cupp.
Judge Cupp is retiring at the end of his term in 2014. The office covers Washington, Carter, Johnson, and Unicoi counties.
Brooks has been a prosecutor for the past 15 years and is the current Jonesborough Municipal Judge.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate