JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A longtime prosecutor is hoping to change roles in the courtroom.
Assistant District Attorney Dennis Brooks announced Thursday morning he is seeking the First Judicial District Criminal Court Judge seat currently held by Robert Cupp.
Judge Cupp is retiring at the end of his term in 2014. The office covers Washington, Carter, Johnson, and Unicoi counties.
Brooks has been a prosecutor for the past 15 years and is the current Jonesborough Municipal Judge.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School