JONESBOROUGH, Tenn. - A longtime prosecutor is hoping to change roles in the courtroom.
Assistant District Attorney Dennis Brooks announced Thursday morning he is seeking the First Judicial District Criminal Court Judge seat currently held by Robert Cupp.
Judge Cupp is retiring at the end of his term in 2014. The office covers Washington, Carter, Johnson, and Unicoi counties.
Brooks has been a prosecutor for the past 15 years and is the current Jonesborough Municipal Judge.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman