GRAINGER COUNTY, Tenn. - The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking into a possible murder- suicide in Grainger County, involving a women and her 10-year-old grandson.
Investigators say a neighbor discovered two bodies in the yard of an abandoned home in Rutledge on Saturday. The TBI says Deidre Shacker and of Sharps Chapel and her 10 year-old grandson, Jaden, died of gunshot wounds.
Investigators found a green Ford Taurus on the abandoned property. Inside the car, officials say they discovered evidence that point to a murder- suicide.
The TBI reports the two victims have no known association to that property. Authorities are still trying to figure out exactly who was the shooter.
- Updated Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire