CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Tenn. - A Tennessee man is behind bars after police say he admitted to shooting his mother.
The Claiborne County Sheriff's Office says 27-year-old Charles Shaw called 911 Friday evening and told dispatchers he shot his mother, then locked himself in the bathroom.
Deputies say Shaw stayed on the phone with dispatchers until they arrived at his home, where he was taken into custody.
We're told the victim suffered a gunshot wound to the face and neck and was taken to the hospital.
Shaw is charged with attempted first degree murder.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81