CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Tenn. - A Tennessee man is behind bars after police say he admitted to shooting his mother.
The Claiborne County Sheriff's Office says 27-year-old Charles Shaw called 911 Friday evening and told dispatchers he shot his mother, then locked himself in the bathroom.
Deputies say Shaw stayed on the phone with dispatchers until they arrived at his home, where he was taken into custody.
We're told the victim suffered a gunshot wound to the face and neck and was taken to the hospital.
Shaw is charged with attempted first degree murder.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment