CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Tenn. - A Tennessee man is behind bars after police say he admitted to shooting his mother.
The Claiborne County Sheriff's Office says 27-year-old Charles Shaw called 911 Friday evening and told dispatchers he shot his mother, then locked himself in the bathroom.
Deputies say Shaw stayed on the phone with dispatchers until they arrived at his home, where he was taken into custody.
We're told the victim suffered a gunshot wound to the face and neck and was taken to the hospital.
Shaw is charged with attempted first degree murder.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane