CLAIBORNE COUNTY, Tenn. - A Tennessee man is behind bars after police say he admitted to shooting his mother.
The Claiborne County Sheriff's Office says 27-year-old Charles Shaw called 911 Friday evening and told dispatchers he shot his mother, then locked himself in the bathroom.
Deputies say Shaw stayed on the phone with dispatchers until they arrived at his home, where he was taken into custody.
We're told the victim suffered a gunshot wound to the face and neck and was taken to the hospital.
Shaw is charged with attempted first degree murder.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University