Police in Tennessee say a man suspected of fatally shooting a gas station clerk during a robbery attempt is on the run with a 15-year-old girl who may be in danger.
Nashville police said in a tweet Wednesday morning that they are searching for 28-year-old Daniel Clark, who is suspected of killing 58-year-old Exxon clerk John Daniel Stevens. Police say Stevens was shot Tuesday night during a robbery attempt at the store.
Police say they found Clark's vehicle in a nearby parking lot and that he and the teenager girl could be on foot.
Media reported that a SWAT team was searching the area near the gas station while a helicopter circled above.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Updated Sullivan County breaks ground on new middle school; changes coming for Kingsport schools
- UPDATE: Former ETSU men's tennis coach indicted for forgery, theft
- Preliminary hearing held for man accused of beating Carter County woman to death
- Bristol city leaders confirm Hobby Lobby to come to The Falls
- Sullivan South teacher charged with unlawful photographing