The Grundy County Sheriff’s Office has opened an investigation surrounding an alleged hazing event that occurred Wednesday morning at Grundy County High School.
Sheriff Clint Shrum said in a news release that criminal charges could result from the incident that happened in the school’s football field house in Coalmont.
Investigators spent Wednesday afternoon interviewing students, teachers and parents.
Grundy County Director of Schools Jessie Kinsey confirmed to NBC affiliate WRCB that the hazing incident happened at the school. She said students would be punished according to the district’s handbook.
The incident has also been referred to the Department of Children’s Services and the district attorney’s office for review.
- Virginia Creeper Trail blazing the path for economic growth in Damascus
- UPDATE: Johnson City woman gets 25 years for rape of a child
- Fallen Las Vegas officer's message: "I've been called home"
- Recovery drug court holds graduation ceremony
- THP searching for driver charged in fatal Washington County, TN crash