PINEY FLATS, Tn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office has identified the victim of a fatal car accident.
The SCSO said 57-year-old David M. Shields of Piney Flats died after his truck crashed into Boone Lake Saturday afternoon.
Deputies said it appeared Shields was turning into his driveway on Charlie Avenue when he lost control of his truck, went down the driveway, through his backyard, over a retaining wall, and into the lake.
Rescue divers later located the submerged truck with Shields still behind the wheel.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department does not believe the crash to be suspicious, but investigators are still looking into the incident.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated