PINEY FLATS, Tn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office has identified the victim of a fatal car accident.
The SCSO said 57-year-old David M. Shields of Piney Flats died after his truck crashed into Boone Lake Saturday afternoon.
Deputies said it appeared Shields was turning into his driveway on Charlie Avenue when he lost control of his truck, went down the driveway, through his backyard, over a retaining wall, and into the lake.
Rescue divers later located the submerged truck with Shields still behind the wheel.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department does not believe the crash to be suspicious, but investigators are still looking into the incident.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo