PINEY FLATS, Tn. - The Sullivan County Sheriff's Office has identified the victim of a fatal car accident.
The SCSO said 57-year-old David M. Shields of Piney Flats died after his truck crashed into Boone Lake Saturday afternoon.
Deputies said it appeared Shields was turning into his driveway on Charlie Avenue when he lost control of his truck, went down the driveway, through his backyard, over a retaining wall, and into the lake.
Rescue divers later located the submerged truck with Shields still behind the wheel.
The Sullivan County Sheriff's Department does not believe the crash to be suspicious, but investigators are still looking into the incident.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting