CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - Police in Hamilton County say they expect to make a second arrest in the slaying of three people at a motor home.
Hamilton County Sheriff Jim Hammond said that his investigators "know who the other" alleged gunman is. He says witnesses have told police there were multiple shooters at the motor home on Wednesday night.
Derek Morse, 19, was arrested the day after the shootings and charged with criminal homicide and attempted criminal homicide.
The ambush killed 29-year-old Caleb Boozer, 53-year-old John "Jake" Lang and Jon Morris. Hammond said Friday that there may also be a third person arrested.
Morse remains in jail without bond, and he is set to appear in Hamilton County Sessions Court on May 8.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting