CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. - Police have arrested a Chattanooga woman's estranged husband in her 1997 stabbing death.
Police said they long suspected Adolphus Hollingsworth might be responsible Victoria Witherspoon Carr death.
The couple had a history of domestic violence.
Carr's 9- and 4-year-old children were the last people to see her. She put them to bed, and when they woke up, she was gone. Her pager was on the floor and the phone was off the hook.
Police won't say what new evidence has allowed them to arrest Hollingsworth now, but the break came after Carr's case appeared on the television show "Cold Justice."
Hollingsworth has been indicted on a charge of first-degree murder and is in custody in Texas, awaiting extradition to Hamilton County.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated